19 October 2011

Star Fucking Hipsters - From the Dumpster to the Grave



Ska-punk / Crack Rock Steady

This is the third Star Fucking Hipsters album. I am hesitant to criticize this album, predominantly because of immensible respect I have for the super-human Stza. Truly this vocalist is up there along with my inspirations such as Nietzsche and Marx, with well thought out lyrics and an ability to deliver ranging genres. This is overall a more sober project, with clear vocals and some good riffs it really seems the great Sturgeon have decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle.

The change of female-vocalist is undeniable. They have definitely gone a more ska direction. Twenty-nine minutes of true political-driven aggressive punk music. The lyrics focus on the discrepancy between excess and having nothing in American culture.

Death is never out of fashion is melodic as fuck; it’s typical Star Fucking Hipsters. With a familiar type-chorus and really cool lyrics they truly capture your attention. The Broken Branches’ soft vocal intro is fucking ridiculously beautiful. This is by far my favourite song on the album.

9/11 to infinity is an amazing fusion of punk and rap. My initial impresion was too much process. My first reaction was dubios, but it takes a couple of listens to realize this is an  amazing song. The Stza that raps is a Stza I thought I would never hear.

Drowning out another year
This song sums up the change that Star Fucking Hipsters underwent. Perhaps more pop than punk, but all in all I approve.

Authenticity 5/5
Repeatability 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment